Sunday, February 13, 2011

OUTSIDE RUN

Finally go outdoors yesterday for 5 miles and little vitamin D (as Eric says!!!) temperature was not bad and the sun came out for most of it BUT, I did NOT dress for the wind! Almost turned around at the first mile but I knew if I did, I wouldnt get back out so I sucked it up and kept going! Glad I did :-)

5 comments:

  1. Would like to make it out today but not sure. We have a concert to attend down at the U of DE at 3 so if I go I need to be out by 12:30 or so. But fighting a little virus I think and got a little headache and upset this morning when cleaning up my painting in the bathroom. I'll give me to 12:30 to decide. You experienced that same thing I did yesterday. I thought I was dressed okay until I got to the top of the hill and experienced that wind. Ended up being okay but I was on the edge of underdressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wind was deceiving yesterday too. The Weather Channel reported it at 1 mph. Ummmm, no. Not even close! But at least it's starting to warm up!

    Deleted my first comment to add get well wishes to Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Theia. I did 7.4 this afternoon, enjoyed the sunshine and the sweat stinging my eyes for the first time in 2011! Guess that means I was a little overdressed! But it was a great day. Interestingly, we seemed to have been caught between the two fronts. Bright clear with puffy clouds to the south and southeast, overcast, grey and windy to North and northwest. We had to be right on the boundry. If I remember the news last night, winds yesterday were near 40 mph....Just ran relaxed today. Didn't see my red tail hawk buddy on Rte 48. He/She must have found better hunting elsewhere today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to hat and gloves today. Needed it running into that north wind but nice on the back side. I love the clear cold air. Need to get these miles in with the CR only 6 weeks or so away.

    ReplyDelete