Sunday, February 27, 2011

weekend long run

Well the goal was to add a mile this week... so off I went in the clouds yesterday and by the time I hit mile 3, the sun was shining :-) Total 9.0 exactly! I admit, after about 7 I was praying for red lights for a moment or two of rest! But I did it!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you. I keep trying for a longer run but for one reason or another don't seem to have the time or get weathered out. I am adding a little dash up the hill here at the end of each run. Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday I'll have the time. But we leave for Phoenix/Tucson on Friday so I doubt I'll get much mileage in over the weekend or early next week. Today was great. 7.4 and temp perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, about a perfect day. My class was canceled this morning as there were using the Center for a memorial service so the day opened up for me. I did 9.1 this afternoon, taking 1 hr, 32 min. I WILL be stiff but miles are going to be hard to come by this week from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric awesome run!! What a great day for it! And now you know you can get up to CR lenth in time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your comment about hoping for red lights. On my favorite out & back long route, I have to cross 202 in both directions. By the time I'm heading home, I'm praying for a red light there so I can rest for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crossing 202 would NOT be my choice Theia :-) Scary area.... But the red lights are a definate bonus!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete