First, Eric.... I cant believe you fell!!!! Crazy and after relatively still recent surgery! You ok?
Baltimore was just as expected, HOT humid and hilly!!!!!!!!! Wow that is one tough course!!!! I finish 1:37:59 .... 10 mins slower than Broad Street (1:27) but 8 mins fast than last year (1:45) on the same course... so I am ok with the result. I need to do better than last year and overcome the mental block that I cant do this course... i also knew realistically, it would be a 130's kind of time. I passed several people on the side of the road with medical... I mean down and out!!! It was a little scary so I am just glad it went well.
Sunday, I got out for 20 miles on the bike... Felt really really good about myself getting in 20 miles after a 10 mile run the day before. Maybe I AM in shape ;-)
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

it is just amazing how the heat/humidity can zap you even when you think you are feeling pretty well. So, you should be pleased with the Baltimore times. Great for the bike too. I think that is a great way to unwind from a run. I just got back from 6.7 and I'm glad the clouds have kept the temperature inthe 70's today else it would have been pretty nasty. As it will be the rest of this week apparently. I didn't run yesterday and has been my experience when you fall the sore day is the the day after, not the day of, the accident. I just got scrapped up a bit and fortunate I was heading downhill at the time so I think I 'slid' more then hitting hard on. Landed on my side so my incision area wasn't too impacted and hasn't seemed any the worse for wear. Well, shit happens sooner or later and I was a pretty sight ending the run.
ReplyDeleteWow, glad that the sun stayed in this morning or the run (6.7) would have been unbearable. As it was there was a little breeze and the cloud cover left it manageable. No run yesterday. Spent 3 hours at Ashland working on the Longhouse. That was plenty of sweat equity for one day!
ReplyDelete