Saturday, June 4, 2011

HIT MY 100 MILE GOAL!!!!

First, sorry Eric.. I didnt think you would be one so I wasnt checking... MY BAD! :-) You got some great runs and hikes in down there... sounds like a good week (except the humidity).

So I hit 103.1 miles for May. My first 100 mile month (that I know of) I am at 400 miles for the year... really proud of myself!!!

Went out to Glasgow park today and did 2 loops plus the hill for a total of 5.7 ... its a great place to run but I have a hard time going in circles... every time I get back to the car, I wanna stop ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great month. Amazing what warm weather does for the soul! I did a very small amount of research into the rim-to-rim thing. What I found was, that is basically a hike, although a very difficult one. There are actually people who do 'rim to rim to rim' runs, and they are basically insane ultra marathoners looking for a new thrill. That's about a 54 mile run with elevation changes of 6000 feet (4 times) and temperature changes of at least 15 - 20 degrees. The hike is not for a sissy either. It would be 24 miles but each 1000 feet in elevation makes 1 mile - 3 in effort. Then you have to figure out how to get back. There is a lodge on the north side but it is typically very full. There is a shuttle, or you can walk back the way you came. You best train with a backback (you will need long sleeves, food, and water (hint: a camelback might not be enough). Going out 5 or 6 days early to get used to the elevation might help as well. If you really are going to do this, you best train for a 26 mile hike with a backpack, not a run. And remember, these are the same trails the burro's use. They are not blacktopped or even crushed stone. They are rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better get it in gear to enjoy today and Tuesday because come Wednesday weather is predicted to be 94 and 96 or so, with humidity. Just got back from 6.8, my old route on Rte 48 via Mitchell Rd. Felt pretty good. Maybe I'll be able to work towards a 100 mile month as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the next 2 - 3 days are not good ones to exercise outside. Stay cool, his the gym...

    ReplyDelete