Saturday, June 25, 2011

Long run day

I ran on Thursday too Eric and I bonked! I went out a little after 11 and the humidity just nailed me. I managed to get in 6 miles but with a lot of walk breaks and my legs felt like absolute bricks! I hate that feeling... like you literally cant move without pain!

Today was long run day. 11 miles. Felt pretty good. Took off right about 8am and the temperature was still pretty decent. Stopped for water along the way, had moments of struggle.. especially around 8.5 and again at 10. Stopped at 10.5 to talk to a friend and then finished up the last .5
;-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you beat me to the post today...I just finished 6.7 and it is about as nice as it gets on a summer day I think. Hope I can get out tomorrow AM as well as we have little planned except grocery shopping. After lunch it is time to mow an enjoy more fresh air and sunshine. I took yesterday off and am getting of the opinion that in the summer humidity, one day on, one day off is a good routine. Great long run. They are hard to stage by yourself because in summer you do need to stop and find some water and I hate to carry it on me. Just don't like anything hanging on my waist to chaffe and rub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't enjoy a day like today then you must be dead inside....Wonderful early summer day with low humidity. Did 7.4 today. Felt pretty decent for having run yesterday as well. Hope you got out to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://felipe-felipemazoli-felipe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete