Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Sunday bike day!
I did get out and enjoy the beautiful weather on Sunday... 30 miles on the bike. It was a gorgeous day and a surprisingly great ride after running 11 miles the day before :-) However, I did have a motorcyclist come up from behind at about 65 miles an hour and reve his engine as he passed within inches of me ON THE SHOULDER!!!!!!!!!!! What a complete and utter jerk! Scared the bejeebees out of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, close call. Can't believe people are such a..holes but considering the stuff that has been directed at me while running, completely understand. Didn't go yesterday. It was not very comfortable and my legs had been achy from the two prior days and the long run. Took my car to be services this morning and a good time to do something like that with the rain. Now that it seems to be moving out of the way I am going to try and get out before it gets too nasty. Once that sun comes out I suspect it will not be pleasant. I only need about 12 miles for a 100 mile month. My first in a long time (if I get there!). You should have a decent chance this week with the kids at camp. Unless of course you are partying too hard! Ha.
ReplyDeleteI think I hate motorcyclists more than cars when I'm out riding. They always seem to rev their engines (on purpose of course) as they pass. Yeah, we're SOOOOOO impressed that you can go faster than us WITH YOUR MOTORS! Losers. :)
ReplyDeleteWell, at least they caught the fool last year that was shooting bikers and runners with the blow gun. That was really bizarre. Got in 6.7 today. Man was it humid.
ReplyDelete102.6 for the month. That will be about as good as it gets as I probably will take tomorrow off. But could not resist today. Great morning.
ReplyDelete