Sunday, June 7, 2009

2 short runs... saturday and sunday

Well, yesterday morning Iheaded down to the UD 5k run.... I RAN the 1 mile to get there.... I have officially become one of "those people" that I used to say..."why is he/she running before the race... we're gonna be running enough!!" Feels good to be able to run before the run :-)
Then I had my BEST 5k EVER... 25:41 and I took 2nd place for women 30-39! My friend took 2nd for males 30-39 and my mom took 3rd for women 60-69!! Too funny!

This morning I got up and did another 5K, but on my own. WOuld have liked to have gone further, but not enough time! Working at the Blue Rocks today! However, I REALLY REALLY have to start stepping eveything back up if I am going to do another 1/2 IRon!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a race I should have been at. Maybe I could actually have placed! Nice to have you back. I thought Dave and I were having a private blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Was a really busy weekend and I was hardly around to join the conversation! Besides, I am still bitter that you both got to go to the beach for the holiday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran 8.5 yesterday afternoon and it was very difficult for me. Not that hot, but extremely humid and I was sucking up water for the rest of the day. Today doesn't look much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous that Eric and I went to the beach during Memorial Day weekend? Well, you're not going to like this: I'm going to the beach again this weekend. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

    I ran five miles yesterday, and it was definitely the warmest day that I've run in for quite some time. Not only humid, but the new stretch of blacktop I ran on was stinkin' hot.

    ReplyDelete