Ok, ok... I need to go for a run! Missed Friday and saturday, so I have to find time today! I did do some weight training yesterday tho... and boy am I sore! But as I keep saying, I HAVE to add some weights.........
UPDATE... I did it... 11 miles... that stunk!!!! I set out on my usual course with money to buy water along the way.. it was noon and hot! So, as I came upon creek road, thought I would take the shady route in the the hot sun... didn't think about not having water and no stores on the route. TEN miles before I got to a store for water.... Needless to say, I walk/ran from 6-10 as my legs did not want to work! DUMB!!!! Water at mile 10, ran to 11 and walked the last 1/2 mile home! Ouch!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haven't been out yet but hoping that the humidity that seemed to drop off last night a bit hasn't returned. Took yesterday off as I slept unusually hard usually indicating a slack day was in order.
ReplyDeleteSometimes you have to go backward to move forward; that is, a day off can help you improve. You probably don't need me to tell you that injuries occur most of the time when you haven't had enough rest.
ReplyDeleteEric, hopefully, you're able to get out this morning. I got in seven miles this morning, starting at 8:00, and it was a beautiful morning and a great time to be outside. That humidity has dropped significantly.
I ran shortly after I posted and I also thought it was a great day. Therefore, I am surprised that Lisa struggled with the heat. I think my body is finally getting used to the 'sweat rate' as I am sleeping better and more regular. I think it takes a while for the body to adjust to the humidity. Yesterday was production, 6 pennies and somebodies active DE drivers license which I turned over to the county police after I got home. 3rd time I've found something that most likely has been snatched. 2nd time in the last 2 months. Apparently Old Wilmington Road is an 'escape route' for thieves going through peoples stolen wallets and discarding the stuff that they can't use or would be incriminating.
ReplyDeleteEric, did you keep the pennies?
ReplyDeleteLisa, I finally got my bike into the shop for its 30-day tune-up, which occurred about 12 months and 1000 miles too late. Oops. Anyhoo, its roadworthy again, so I'm ready to take you and that new supersonic bike of yours on. I'm out of town this weekend, but maybe next weekend? It's time to get the bike group back together for our Sunday morning rides! Oh, and what the hell? Why am I posting more than you on this blog lately? ;)
To Dave...typically I don't stop for pennies, only nickles, dimes, and counterfeit twenties (actually found one of those about 6 months ago). But since all 6 pennies were there together, I brought them home for the penny jar!
ReplyDeleteJust finished 6.7. Temp was about 81 and a little breeze but the heat reflection off of the black top was intense.
Old accident scenes, especially when there has been a rollover, are great places to find loose change...!
P.S. I also have a great collection of used golf balls and bunji cords...
ReplyDelete