Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mornings!

The girls are at camp this week and I must say, I LOVE getting in the morning runs! I have a little cold tho... congested and slept a little late so Ionly did 4 miles this morning. Feels good to have done tho!!!!!
Eric.... You will pick it right back up! It only hurts can you went from 0-7 in no time :-)
Dave.. Congrats on 9! Incredible! Oh, and I don't know what I am doing....Apparently strong and independent are bad qualities??!!!! Its a good thing I can run, cause I sure can't date!!!!!! Argh!

7 comments:

  1. Just finished running 7.0 about 20 minutes ago and I still am whupped. Although it is only 84 and there is some air, the humidity is starting to build. Be glad you got your mileage in this morning. I'm sure you are enjoying some quiet with the girls gone. Although u still have plenty of dogs under foot! Seems like you solved the problem with the bike tires?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, you're not kidding about the temperature and the humidity today. Thursdays are my easy day, and I usually only run 3.5 miles. Granted, I usually pick up the speed on these short days, but, whew, it felt harder to finish today than the five-mile run yesterday and the nine-mile run on Sunday! Go figure.

    Lisa, strong and independent are good things. Have you considered that it's not your fault but instead the blame lies with the guys you're dating? There's probably a real good reason those guys are still single.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...or single again, and again, and again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I hope your right... I think I am a pretty good person!
    No exercise today.. went to Seacrets in O.C. last night, stayed at a friends in Lewes... Got in at 3:30am last night... I wasn't getting up to run :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, you're definitely a good person and someone that I consider a good friend. Keep smiling and keep trying. How's this for perspective: I was divorced in 1995, so I've been back out there for a heck of a lot longer than you! That ought to make you feel better. The truth of the matter is this- dating just plain sucks. :) That, unfortunately, is life. Persevere!

    Lewes, huh? That's where Cynthia's parents live and we'll be next weekend for the 4th of July weekend. I've got Friday and Saturday off next week, so we'll be jetting out of here on Thursday night! Woo hoo! Did you have fun at Seacrets? I have to admit that going there these days would make me feel reeeeeeeeally old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, by the way, you're right, Lisa! Morning runs DO rule. I was up at 7:00 this morning and got my little five-mile run in already. Nice to have that accomplished and most of the day still ahead of me. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ran yesterday at about 1:45 PM and it was brutal. Actually ended up walkng a couple times when I couldn't find any shade. Today won't be much better I'll wager. I can tell that I am already dehydrated from the runs this week. I can't get enough fluid in me and I am pretty much sleeping straight through if you catch my drift. Be careful although it should be somewhat nicer at the beach.

    ReplyDelete