Finally got a longer run in tonight... 6.5... but I fought for every step!!! Little worried about my left knee... giving me some trouble. ALso got a raging blister about 3 miles in! Not my night really.... but I did it!!!
Just got back from 7...very runable this afternoon and with 2 days off had good legs, and even with the humidity it was very breathable. Miles will be tough to find with house guests next week. Yesterday went to Chanticleer up near West Chester. Absolutely beautiful gardens. Neat place. Very peaceful. Definitely not Longwood Gardens.
I've had those days, Lisa. I always find it odd that I can run seven miles on one day with no problems but struggle to finish a 3.5 mile run on another day. Not sure why that happens, but the sense of accomplishment helps make up for it when you complete a run like that.
I haven't had the time to run since last Sunday, so I'm really looking forward to getting back on the road this weekend.
*****UPDATE******* In 2009, in preparation for turning 40, I decided to train for a half ironman. The goal... simply to finish! AND I DID IT!!!! It was such an incredible experience, that #2 was supposed to be in fall of 2010. But time got away from me so i regrouped and completed the BEACH TO THE BATTLESHIP ..October 20, 2012. It was such a great race, I'm going back!!!!! October 26, 2013... 70.3 number three... HERE I COME!
Just got back from 7...very runable this afternoon and with 2 days off had good legs, and even with the humidity it was very breathable. Miles will be tough to find with house guests next week. Yesterday went to Chanticleer up near West Chester. Absolutely beautiful gardens. Neat place. Very peaceful. Definitely not Longwood Gardens.
ReplyDeleteI've had those days, Lisa. I always find it odd that I can run seven miles on one day with no problems but struggle to finish a 3.5 mile run on another day. Not sure why that happens, but the sense of accomplishment helps make up for it when you complete a run like that.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had the time to run since last Sunday, so I'm really looking forward to getting back on the road this weekend.