Holy Moly Eric, you werent kidding! That is one BRIGHT green shirt we got! However, we will certainly be able to be seen on training run requiring long sleeves in the future!!!
Well, I ran on wed and thurs but did a spin class yesterday. I will take today off but for some stretching and maybe just a mile jog to stay loose. May go watch the 1st annual "chil dog" run today... glad I am not doing that!!!
So tomorrow is race day! A little jaunt through the streets of downtown Wilmington followed by a beautiful run along the Brandywine and through the park. The first 1/2 marathon of the season ... and I am really looking forward to the uphill from miles 9-11 and the steep .2 uphill finish!!!! NOT! LOL..... actually, it is a challenge and isnt that why we do this anyway???
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Why DO we do this anyway? We must be idiots! Dress for tomorrow is like, 'bring everything you own because who the hell knows what it is going to be like?" Tendency will be to overdress I think. As long as that wind doesn't kick up. See you tomorrow somewhere around the start line I guess.
ReplyDeleteHi there. What are your projected finish times tomorrow? I will plan to run my 8 mile route from the Central Y so that I'm downtown to look for you guys. I will be the 5'10" Greek woman. I'll wear my bright orange Saucony top so you can spot me easily. You can email me at greek_goddess17@hotmail.com if you want to plan something more organized than just "look for the tall chick in orange." :) GOOD LUCK!! Kick some butt out there.
ReplyDeleteA great day was had by all. Great luck on the weather. Couldn't really ask for more. Sorry we missed Theia. Everybody I saw with an orange shirt on had a beard! Nice to meet Chris. Seems like a really nice person and great that he had a good day on his first CR. I guess I didn't really finish as I can't find my time listed. Maybe those chest tags don't work so well after all.
ReplyDeleteThankfully I do not have a beard! :) Glad you had a good day yesterday. It was FREEZING! How was the wind on the course?
ReplyDeleteThey found my time. How embarrassing for me. I thought I was way slower then last year. Since I didn't wear watch I had no clue about what time I finished and was too tired at the end to look up. Or too old to remember if I did. Anyway, 2:01 is a minute slower then last year so I'll take the medal. Wind was maybe 8 - 12 and in your face coming up King Street. Temp was about 35. I opened my top running around Frawley and the Riverfront but coming up King and turning up along the Brandywine the combination of the breeze, cold air, and sweat from earlier was chilly. 3 layers was comfortable. Gloves came off about 4 miles in. Glad I wore a baseball cap and not something warmer. Had to tease Tom Carper (he is my age) about his speech because Caeser Rodney road in a carriage, not a horse to Philly. Wondered if he had he same history professor as Michelle Bachman! Tom said he had to say that so they didn't recall all the Delaware quarters.
ReplyDeleteknocked off 6.7 this afternoon in this great weather. Pretty much like yesterday. And, it is supposed to rain most of the end of the week. Didn't feel too bad. Just gotta get the kinks out. I'll be paint a room most of the rest of the week.
ReplyDelete