Sunday, May 17, 2009

A new week

Well, I took the girls to an indoor water park ALL day yesterday so no running, biking or swimming BUT, climbed 5 flights of step a million times to the water slides!!!!!! Today, I squeeked in 6.5 miles of running before the Memorial Day parade!!!!!! Nice start to the new week!

6 comments:

  1. HI, Lisa! Glad to see that you're still at it. I'm attempting yet another recovery and accomplished 3.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday and 16.5 miles on the bike today despite a nasty headwind. Nothing to write home about, but it's a step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is something to write about... I didn't want to go out in that wind yesterday!!!! Your sticking to it too!!!!! You'll be back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took yesterday off. We went to Philly to see a chamber music concert at the Kimmel Center, courtesy of my friend Ken Warner. My legs were dead and I finally figured out that after a couple of light weeks I had run 7 out of 8 days!. This week looks like a corker though, mid 70's and sunny all week. Memorial Day week we are at the beach. I love running the boardwalk up to Gordon's Pond but it it is very flat and hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric,

    Maybe I'll run into you this weekend! My girlfriend and I will be at her parents' home in Lewes this weekend, and I hope to run (or ride) the path to Rehoboth Beach. Her father clued me in on a spot on the boardwalk that is the turnaround point and, apparently, a great place to grab a beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRLFRIEND????? You need to clue me in......

    ReplyDelete
  6. We stay at Spring Lake. I typically run about 8:30 in the morning, the length of the boardwalk to Gordon's Pond, turn and run back. If you see an old man hobbling along the boadwalk with dark biking classes and a blue baseball cap, it is probably me.

    ReplyDelete