Well, I am pretty good at this "taper" stuff! Just don't do anything ;-) Actually, I took yesterday off, did 40 laps and 1/2 hour on the bike today. My good friend Laura Lu who is an INCREDIBLE ironwoman says I must rest!!! So not much this week!
My philosophy exactly, LSD, long - slow - distance! Start slow, taper off. Only way to go. Finally beat the raindrops for 7 miles this evening. But I haven't been very consistent with the weather the way it is. U R almost there.
Oh sure, I see how you are. I've been mentioning rest and tapering for weeks and nothing; Laura mentions it once and it's the gospel. ;) Seriously, the weather report looks great for your race this weekend! Have fun!
LOL!! NOOOOO , I have been listening to you too~ I have slowed down the last 2 weeks! Although it is VERY hard.......I feel like I should be doing more!!!!! Eric, how did you dogde the raindrops??? I didn't make it out yesterday :-(
*****UPDATE******* In 2009, in preparation for turning 40, I decided to train for a half ironman. The goal... simply to finish! AND I DID IT!!!! It was such an incredible experience, that #2 was supposed to be in fall of 2010. But time got away from me so i regrouped and completed the BEACH TO THE BATTLESHIP ..October 20, 2012. It was such a great race, I'm going back!!!!! October 26, 2013... 70.3 number three... HERE I COME!
My philosophy exactly, LSD, long - slow - distance! Start slow, taper off. Only way to go. Finally beat the raindrops for 7 miles this evening. But I haven't been very consistent with the weather the way it is. U R almost there.
ReplyDeleteOh sure, I see how you are. I've been mentioning rest and tapering for weeks and nothing; Laura mentions it once and it's the gospel. ;) Seriously, the weather report looks great for your race this weekend! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteLOL!! NOOOOO , I have been listening to you too~ I have slowed down the last 2 weeks! Although it is VERY hard.......I feel like I should be doing more!!!!!
ReplyDeleteEric, how did you dogde the raindrops??? I didn't make it out yesterday :-(
Don't forget to hydrate! We're all very proud of you...don't think I'll ever follow in these footsteps, but I'm happy to hear the stories.
ReplyDeleteI wish your girls were going to be there to cheer you on but we'll all be there in spirit!