Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Taking it easy

Ok, I am tapering but I can't do nothing! I did take yesterday off (more cause of work then intentional) Today, I took an easy 45 min spin followed by 15 mins. on the treadmill to get the "bike to run" feel in my legs! I am getting really really excited. I CAN DO THIS!!!! (I think ;-)

3 comments:

  1. That's a really good idea to work on the transitions like biking to running and a great way to complete the last few days of your training. I think that you're ready, and I believe that you're right: you CAN do this. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, the truth is, Lisa is a hell of a lot better looking then you (and I never even met you face to face) so of course I respond to her!

    Hydrate, geese, just run outside for 30 minutes and u have to absorb enough water from the atnosphere to be hydrated for a lifetime. Maybe I'll get out this afternoon as it is supposed to be halfway decent. I did get the lawn mowed at 4:30 yesterday. Dryest its been in 8 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roberson running mantra #2 "There is nothing so motivating to a tired body as the sound of thunder (usually exactly 1/2 way through your run)".

    You may now be curious to know what #1 is. "If you run a circular course, not matter which direction you start, it is 90% uphill".

    ReplyDelete