Yes, I... ME.... got up at 4:30 AM and went to the gym by 5 to swim laps since I couldn't go after spin class. 1500 yards and then off to 45 mins. spin class!!!! Must go shower..... ;-)
Great seeing u the other night. I finally got back out yesesterday after a 3 day layoff. Legs were good but old guys get real sore after 3 days off. Looking forward to 50 degrees or so today. Computer virus killed main computer so am working off an old cludgy laptop until we get repaired. Computer withdrawal is a bummer. I'm looking for software that lets u map out a run without having to drive it. A quick search yesterday says it exists. I'd like to map so new runs up here.
Keep up the hard work. It will be worth it. Where do you stand on your training. What kind of distances are you reaching now as compared to what the half-ironman will demand?
*****UPDATE******* In 2009, in preparation for turning 40, I decided to train for a half ironman. The goal... simply to finish! AND I DID IT!!!! It was such an incredible experience, that #2 was supposed to be in fall of 2010. But time got away from me so i regrouped and completed the BEACH TO THE BATTLESHIP ..October 20, 2012. It was such a great race, I'm going back!!!!! October 26, 2013... 70.3 number three... HERE I COME!
Great seeing u the other night. I finally got back out yesesterday after a 3 day layoff. Legs were good but old guys get real sore after 3 days off. Looking forward to 50 degrees or so today. Computer virus killed main computer so am working off an old cludgy laptop until we get repaired. Computer withdrawal is a bummer. I'm looking for software that lets u map out a run without having to drive it. A quick search yesterday says it exists. I'd like to map so new runs up here.
ReplyDeleteEric,
ReplyDeleteTry this:http://www.walkjogrun.net/
I've also used: http://www.bikely.com/ for my bike routes.
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteKeep up the hard work. It will be worth it. Where do you stand on your training. What kind of distances are you reaching now as compared to what the half-ironman will demand?