Saturday, March 28, 2009
Expresso
Holy Moly have you ever done the Expresso Bike workout? They are stationary bikes with video screens and you pick a course and go... YOu have a pace leader... you mover you handlebars, you pass people, the pass you.... And it KICKS YOUR BUTT! It took me 1:40 mins to do the longest course---20 miles... Up a mountain with snow!!!!!!!! I was absolutely drenged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And how cool is this, the guy next to me (who was a faster cyclist) picked the same course and appears on my screen! So now he is trying to pass me (which he did with 1 mile left to go) and I am trying to stop him from passing me (which is the only reason I did not get off the bike at about 1 hour and 15 mins) and so the competition, even tho I didn't know him, kept me working! Pretty cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That sounds very cool as long as you don't let the competition get in the way of a well planned workout. I'm hoping to get out today when this fog clears out. We went and played bridge with some friends yesterday at 4:00 PM. Good practice for when we can't drive after dark in a few years! It was also great as I was able to watch the entire Villanova game which was terrifically exciting.
ReplyDelete