Set the alarm to bike this morning..... rolled over ;-) My thighs are still killing me!!! So instead, i hit the pool mid day and did my longest swim yet.... 50 LAPS!!!!! (in a yard pool this time) 2500 yards!!!! Felt great to accomplish that..... LONG, but great!
Hopefully, I can use my legs again tomorrow ;-)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Can't believe that you had the legs for that much swimming. Not sure my 5 mile run was a good idea. I was stiffer after the run then before. Right hamstring is still pretty tight. But it was a beautiful afternoon. But I know what I'd feel like after a 2 or 3 day layoff, much worse!
ReplyDeleteWow. Did you say 2500 yards?! As in more than 1 1/3 miles? Whoa! And you did that within a day or two after completing a half-marathon? I think that your training is paying off and you are more prepared for your Ironman race than you know.
ReplyDeleteI am proud of you guys for your perseverance and determination. Me? I'm busy bulking up to super fat-ass.
Hey Dave, disappointed I didn't get to meet you on Sunday. Sorry to hear you are injured and hope it clears up soon.
ReplyDeleteAmazing to me that after an effort like the CR, and your soreness clears up, how strong you feel for a few weeks. I guess maybe I should train on some more challenging distances. But today was really great. Shorts and short sleaves.
Hi and thanks, Eric. Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you and run with you all on Sunday. I still think that we can get Lisa's PR under two hours for the half-marathon. She's getting closer and closer each time.
ReplyDeleteThe worst thing about this injury is that if I do not let it heal for a month, it will recur. It feels fine after three or four days, but if I try to run, I will only get about one or two miles and it will feel like someone shot me in the left leg. There is no advance warning either. Thank God for the bike, which does not aggravate it.