Saturday, April 11, 2009

Adding the weights

Well, I went to the gym this morning and actually spent some time on the circuit weight machines.... I HAVE to add some strength training ... Its just finding time!!!! I did 45 mins or so of the weight machines.... followed by 15 minutes on the elliptical (?) (1/2 run, 1/2 bike thing) followed by 6.5 miles on the treadmill! Not a bad days work. Was goning to swim too, but I hadn't had breakfast and I ran outta fuel :-) EXACTLY FOUR WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Well, if I didn't already know it was your weekend to give up the kids I would by your post. Nice to have the time I'm sure when you don't have to rush a workout. Didn't realize you had settled on a bike. Can't wait to hear about it over dinner tomorrow (Home made cherry pie!). Dave is right, you should be able to talk when you run. Of course, that does not mean that your mouth runeth over. Anyway....looks like this rain is outta here in about another 40 minutes or an hour. I have been bad this week and really need a run today and tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO, did you get outside yesterday? It got so beautiful.......
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, out at about 3:30 and it was very decent. Not sure about today. Lots of stuff to do getting ready for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! I managed to complete a whopping 3.5 mile run this morning (Easter Sunday). Pathetic, huh? I told you that I was going to start out slow. Would you even break a sweat at such a puny distance? But, it was pain-free, so all that I have to say is, "Yippee!"

    Hope y'all enjoy the holiday,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete