Thursday, April 9, 2009
One more day and we are into a new set of 10's... YIKES
Wow, tomorrow will be in the 20's... 29 days to go!!!!! Got in 35 laps of the meter pool at lunch and a 6.5 mile run in after work. Ran into a friend at a 1 1/2 miles and he turned around and ran with me!!!! That was really nice... made the time go faster! ANd I learned I CAN talk a little when I run ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I find it very hard to believe that you cannot talk when you run....! Hope you didn't hurt your friend when you ran into him. I finally got back out today and it was very nice.
ReplyDeleteGood ones, Eric! There's a comedian in every crowd.
ReplyDeleteLisa, my running book advises that you should be able to talk while running; otherwise, you are pushing yourself too hard and not breathing well. Whoa, you're within a month to the big day! Keep up the hard work. You can do it. Me? I can sit on the side and watch! ;) Seriously, it's been two and a half weeks since I last tried to run. I've got my new shoes and may consider trying something ridiculously easy like two to three miles on the treadmill today to start the road to recovery.
Dave
Well, I learned I CAN talk when I run! SO that was a good thing. I think it is more mental than anything, the fact that I thought I could not. Eric, wasn't it gorgeous! I didn't run yesterday (having some blister issues so I needed a day off) but took a nice long walk with dogs! Thursday, when I did run, was really nice too....
ReplyDeleteDave, I am sooo sorry about the injury! I know that is sooo frustrating! I am getting my new bike today so maybe we can make time to ride soon?
Let me know when you're ready to ride. What bike did you finally decide to buy?
ReplyDelete