Sunday, April 26, 2009

Not today!

So, I had planned a bike ride for today, but NO WAY! My thighs are really mad at me for yesterdays 1/2 marathon through the woods! Let me just say, NEVER tell me Delaware is flat... it ain't ;-) So, today became a rest day... well, sort of... Been working in the yard for almost 4 hours.... Mowing, weeding, mulching and raking.. That's all exercise too, right?????

4 comments:

  1. Dave, soemtimes when my legs feel heavy and I dont feel like I've over exercised it means I'm getting a flu virus. Settles first in the legs. So be careful particularly running in this heat. I bagged yesterday as I do have a very sore throat and believe I have inherited Jude's virus. I was weak after Saturday's run so running in 90 degrees yesterday was out of the question. The run in the woods sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, I felt good on my short run after work today. I think my problem has been trying to get back into my regular routine after such a long time off. Although the mileage has been short (5 miles or less), I have been trying to run four or five times per week. I believe I just need time to acclimate to my schedule. I have also noticed that I am not breathing as well as I was before. It's like my legs and mind are willing to do more than my cardiovascular system wants to. Oh well, I've started over before, so I'll get there. At least I'm still pain-free AND running.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the heat does not usually bother me. I prefer that over running in the cold. I have really enjoyed the last several days!

    I hope you're feeling better.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave.... Consistency is the key.. It is awesome that you are pain free. Remember what they say... add no more than 10% a week! You will get where you want to be.
    Eric, How are you feeling???

    ReplyDelete