Saturday, April 25, 2009
Another 1/2 Marathon down ;-)
Just back from the Trail Dawgs Run at White Clay Creek this morning. What fun.... crossing streams, jumping logs, slopping in mud! It was a great race BUT LOTS of HILLS. I am exhausted!!! Even had to walk parts of it.... (as did most everyone else that I talked to). This will be my last run that long before the tri in just TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your perseverance is inspirational. I'm glad to hear you say that this is your last long run. You must begin tapering before race day, or else you risk burnout or just poor performance. With only two weeks to go, any additional training at this point really won't make any significant difference, so ease back and enjoy the rest before the big day.
ReplyDeleteYour mention of streams, logs, and mud reminds me that I need to call Chuck Travers to see if he still wants to get some mountain biking in at Fair Hill this year.
As for me, I ran five miles after work this morning pain-free, but my legs have felt heavy while running for the last few days. This starting over crap really bites. Grrrrr!