Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Extra pounds!!!!

UPDATE: Was able to get 1 hour on the bike trainer tonight!

Ok, I am actually putting on weight with all this training!! ARGH! Every pound counts on race day! I know what is happening.. happened when I did the marathon too... Over cardio, under fueled. Cardio will only burn fat for so long and then it burns muscle... "over-cardio"!!! So, I HAVE to find time to add some weight training... Yea, like I have ANY extra time :-) In an effort to do that, I got up at 5 this morning and did a leg and back workout with weights (well 3/4 of it... my DVD broke)!!!!! Not sure how I will work this in with the cardio, but I will try to figure this all out!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You should really work with a trainer to coordinate all that stuff. It is pretty hard to do yourself. By the way, I weighed 157 on Sunday. Lowest I have been in many years. Actually, less then I weighed when I got married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man... you are smokin on the weight loss! I am jealous! I have problems eating enough for the training I am doing and eating too little has the reverse effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so do not become obsessed with the scale. First, you are not fat and never have been since I've known you. Second, you are likely in better shape than you have been in a while, 'cause when was the last time you trained for a half-ironman? ;) So, don't sweat it. In fact, during training for the last marathon that I ran, I didn't lose much weight at all during training, and the weight came off fast in the last week or two before and the few weeks after the race!

    Presently, I have just about gained back all of the weight I lost last summer. I got down to 154 pounds, which, admittedly, was too low for me, and I caught a lot of flack from family for that. I'm about 168-170 pounds now, but I haven't been running or riding hardly at all. However, the new shoes have arrived! I'm hoping to get back on track soon. Gotta nurse the leg, though.

    ReplyDelete